Thomas the Tank Engine visited St Thomas July 18th, 19th and July 24 – 26, 2015. The event was very successful, CHCH News did a piece on the event (click link below to view).
Fall is a time for reflection. Since the election of the current board many changes have been implemented. Let’s take the time to review what we have accomplished. The points listed are not in any particular order. Editor
- Attended the London Home and Lifestyle Show
- Supported Holy Angel’s 100 Anniversary
- Attended the Home,. Garden and Outdoor Living Show in St. Thomas
- Distributed a survey to participants at Home Show to determine what matters to our community
- Held Town Hall meeting to discuss concerns for the Downtown and to get initial input into new marketing strategies.
- Downsized the administrative position
- Reviewed previous board budgets and reallocated financial resources to meet new priorities
- As a result of the financial review, new fiscal policies created to increase accountability
- New website has been created and is being developed for content
- New full colour newsletter format created
- New directory and database is being created
- An email directory is also being developed to increase communications with community and DDB members
- Participated in the Downtown Spring Clean up
- Creation of new banners within the core area.
- Creation of new Art in the Park program. Two dates were determined with good participation and success on each date.
- Hiring of summer student to maintain the cleanliness of our downtown.
- Review of the Downtown Dollars Program
- Established constructive communication protocol with Mayor and City Council
- Increased advocacy to highlight areas of concerns within the downtown which need to be addressed.
- Improved public safety through bicycle signage and age and enforcement
- Ongoing development of new logo and marketing strategies
- Procured an independent bookkeeper
- We now utilize a volunteer model to cover most aspects of operating the DDB office.
- What’s Ahead
Review of advertising wall at Timken Centre
Upgrades for Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony and Holiday Decorations
Replacement of Garbage Cans on streets
Expanded area at the 2012 Home, Garden and Outdoor Living Show
New Art Program for 2012